Good work, Chicago entrepreneurs.
Chicago took second place for number of fast growing small businesses — for the SECOND year in a row!
According to the annual Inc. 5000 list, this year saw 104 Chicago companies named to list, and those businesses account for 7,461 new jobs.
“Small businesses are the economic backbone of Chicago, providing jobs for our residents and helping our neighborhoods to thrive. For the second straight year, the opportunities that exist in Chicago for people to start and grow a successful small business have been acknowledged in the Inc. 5000,” said Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
“When our small businesses succeed Chicago succeeds, and we will continue our efforts to make the city a partner in their success,” he continued.
The 2015 list is considered to be the most competitive in the list’s history. These companies have generated over $4 billion in revenue. 10 of the companies grew by over 1,000 percent during that time. This year, ten Chicago businesses ranked in the top 500. They are:
- ReVamp Electronics (#50) Wholesale distributor of smartphone and tablet repair parts.
- Signal (#51) Develops software that enables marketers to centralize data and to distribute it in real time to any measurement, marketing, or media endpoint.
- Sprout Social (#78) Social media management platform that enhances communication with customers.
- Spikeball (#139) Sells equipment and apparel for Spikeball, a team sports game that has been described as a cross between volleyball and four square.
- Insureaon (#259) Provides a range of insurance coverage to more than 40,000 small businesses, addition to general liability and professional liability insurance.
- CarrierDirect (#261) Consultant for logistics and transport companies that helps develop and execute new strategies for business enhancement and growth.
- CETA Group (#297) Provides health care consulting and software services.
- Falcon Consulting Group (#316) Provides comprehensive IT consulting and implementation for a wide range of health care organizations.
- Paramount Lodging Advisors (#419) National hotel advisory team exclusively committed to the hospitality industry.
- Montway Auto Transport (#429) Auto transport management company that delivers cars across all 50 states.
“We are pleased to see so many of our rising stars included on Inc. magazine’s list of fastest growing companies,” said World Business Chicago President & CEO Jeff Malehorn.
“Chicago’s independent entrepreneurs are a hugely important segment of the economy, and their representation on Inc.’s list proves our city’s strength,” he continued.
“The story of Chicago-based companies on the Inc. 5000 is the story of great leadership. In an incredibly competitive business landscape, it takes something extraordinary to take your company to the top,” said Inc. president and editor-in-chief Eric Schurenberg.
Read more here.