Obviously Illinois has some awesome food considering people travel from all over the world to eat a fricken hot dog or deep dish pizza in Chicago.
But Chicago isn’t the only place that has delicious food. Check out the top 19 cities in Illinois with “must visit” food and drinks below:
1. Chicago (DUH) – Do we really need to explain why this is number 1?
2. Evanston – This city offers restaurants that are known to be “must visits”
3. Champaign-Urbana – What more could you say other than a huge college bar scene?
4. Springfield – Springfield has the highest restaurant growth index in the state of Illinois, even above Chicago.
5. Peoria – From trendy restaurants to the world-famous Big Al’s strip club…this city has it all!
6. Rockford – Lino’s is one of the states best pizza joints
7. Oak Park – Oak Park offers more than 150 eateries as well as two Michelin Bib Gourmand restaurants
8. Carbondale – “Fat Patties” is one of the best burger places in Illinois.
9. Bloomington Normal – This city is home to the most restaurants in the entire country.
10. Murphysboro – This city has TWO nationally ranked BBQ joints and was named a “Best BBQ City” in the US by Food & Wine Magazine.
11. Geneva – Geneva always makes the top 10 list of best Chicago neighborhoods. op rated restaurants are Niche, Bien Trucha, and Preservation Bread & Wine.
12. Galena – Downtown Galena is where the party is at.
13. Forest Park – Love Italian food? Forest Park is known for it’s Italian cuisines.
14. Highland Park – Too many good places to hit up after a show at Ravinia
15. Morton Grove – Burt’s Place is especially popular.
16. Libertyville – Filled with local go-to’s and the home of Firkin, one of the best bars in Illinois
17. Elmhurst – This place pretty much has only top rated restaurants. Lucky…
18. Long Grove – This city is filled with foodie festivals throughout the year.
19. Aurora – The second biggest city in Chicago (weird, we know)
Have you ever been to any of these cities? What are your favorite places to go to whenever you’re hungry? Or need a drink fix?
Leave a Reply